Compassionate Pricing Program
We believe that all patients should have access to affordable medicine, which is why our products are priced as close to cost as possible. In addition to this lower than average retail pricing, we provide further assistance to eligible Clients through our Compassionate Pricing Program.
- Low-income clients under $30,000 a year
- Government Assistance/Disability
- First Responders (Paramedics, EMT, Police Officers, Firefighters, Rescuers, Ski Patrol, Lifeguards)
- Veterans - through the Veterans Affairs program
- Notice of assessment from CRA
- Proof of occupation (Paramedics, EMT, Police Officers, Firefighters, Rescuers, Ski Patrol, Lifeguards)
- Veterans apply through Veteran Affairs
- Low Income/Disability = 15% off
- First Responders = 10%
- Veterans = up to $8.50/g covered through Veteran Affairs (maximum 90g per month)
*Compassionate Pricing Program does not apply to products that are on sale.
What are the requirements to register as a Client?
In order to register as a Client with Shelter Market you need to:
- be a resident of Canada
- be of legal age in your province of residence (in order to verify your age we require a copy of your government-issued photo identification):
- have valid medical documents for a cannabis prescription
What documentation do I need?
There are two documents that we will need in order to process your membership:
- Patient Application - Personal information such as name, date of birth, address
- Medical Document - Patient and prescription information to be completed by your healthcare provider
Please see our Application Process page for the documents and instructions on how to submit them.
How are orders shipped?
By default, all packages are shipped via Canada Post Xpresspost, which means you will be given a tracking number and can expect your package within 2-5 business days.
**There is a potential for delays due to Covid-19**
Clients can also choose to pay for Purolator shipping at checkout. Although this option is more expensive, in our experience, it is a more reliable express service.
How will my order be packaged?
Your order will be carefully and discreetly packaged, and vacuum-sealed to protect and maintain your privacy.
How do you verify delivery?
Due to the sensitive nature of our products we require a signature on all of our out-going packages to ensure they don't fall into the hands of a minor.
If you are not home, Canada Post will leave you a Door Hanger notice and route your package to the nearest Post Office where you can pick it up. They will also need to see your government-issued photo ID.
**Due to Covid-19, Canada Post is not currently enforcing signature confirmations**
What are your shipping fees?
We have two categories of default Canada Post shipping:
- Orders under $100.00 will be charged $15.00 + applicable taxes
- Orders $100.00 and over receive free shipping
Purolator shipping costs depend on the size and weight of your package, as well as where you are located in Canada. A quote will be generated when you get to the shipping step of the checkout process.
Although we will do our best to sort out shipping issues, we do not offer shipping refunds.
What types of payment are accepted?
We accept Visa and Mastercard.
How do I contact someone to get help?
We can be contacted via our contact page. If you need immediate assistance click the Support button at the bottom right of your browser window. If you still need help, click on the Live Chat button. If our agents are not online, you can leave a message. We strive to answer all messages within 24 hours.